We Make the Impossible Journey Possible
Software Development Engineer in Integration (Remote Possible)
Our software integration engineer position is an independent growth track. Software developers early in their career work as our primary integration engineers as a path toward placement as a developer on our software team. As well as helping the developer integrate in our team, the role provides valuable training for the developer in test-driven development, the software development lifecycle, and complex system testing. The integration engineer will develop and perform test plans and run full system tests as well as document issues. They will also develop new software and features in the Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline and help build the next generation Integration features such as Continuous reporting and continuous delivery. The integration engineer is supported and mentored by software developers who previously worked in the integration engineer’s role.
Our software environment is split into two areas: Development (C/C++) and Integration (C++ and Python). Both environments include:
- Desktop software running on the developer’s laptop
- Virtualized systems that run in sets of VMs
- Physical systems running in the lab
- Fielded systems running at The Dalles airport (KDLS)
- Microsoft in Windows environment
- Visual Studio IDE
- Core code is written in C
- User interfaces in C++ using MFC
- Systems include Windows, QNX Real-time operating system, and digital signal processors (DSP)
- Complex hardware/software systems and interfaces
- DO-178 safety critical system
- Git with Gitlab as organization tool
Quality Assurance Environment
- Google Test (This C++ framework is used to test all C code)
- Gitlab CI/CD pipeline
- Managing software version control
- Designing, developing and executing formal software testing
- Software quality assurance and tools
- Documentation, verbal communication and coordination
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Test application (GUI) software in conjunction with networked audio/media systems running embedded software
- Test interaction scenarios with finished hardware devices
- Develop and document strategies for efficient testing of our products
- Create and execute detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meeting client needs
- Maintain internal QA-specific information systems to track quality assurance metrics (bug tracking, test servers)
- Verify defect fixes, including testing of appropriate related areas
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- BS in Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of software engineering experience within a validated software quality environment
- Ability to read, write and interpret technical documents such as training manuals, corporate documents, and contracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, customers and employees in a positive manner.
- Provide proof of Covid-19 Vaccination on your first day of employment and agree to follow CDC, Oregon state and ANPC coronavirus guidelines.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a safety-critical software development environment
- Ability to read, write and interpret technical mechanical drawings
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft software
- Ability to develop software and hardware architectures/partitioning, including definition of interfaces and use cases.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advanced Navigation and Positioning Corporation
ANPC, an aerospace engineering and technology company, is expanding its operations in both the military and commercial businesses. We are a dynamic organization poised to transition from a profitable enterprise to a world-class operating company. At ANPC, our values are Hard Work, Teamwork, Quality, and Fun, and we live these values via a systems-based approach focused on maximizing quality of all outputs through process, execution, and institutional learning.
The worldwide airspace infrastructure is facing great change and unprecedented growth rates to meet capacity challenges both on the ground and in the air. If you are looking for a challenging and high-impact position in a growing industry that’s vital to our safety and economy, we’d like to hear from you. We offer a competitive total compensation program, and relocation may be available for specific opportunities.
At ANPC, we recognize that the key to our success lies in the abilities, diversity and vision of our employees, and we are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We are headquartered in beautiful Hood River, Oregon.
Please take note:
- ALL employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background history check.
- We appreciate if you have submitted a resume for consideration. However, due to the high volume of interest, we are able to respond only to those candidates whose background and experience closely match the available position.
Copyright © 2022
Advanced Navigation and Positioning Corporation